Sunday, May 19, 2013

Know Your Body


Someone once asked me how I can go so deep, or be "so good" in a poses and  asks if I can help them go deeper. Honestly, I can' t do much for them, but give them the words to trust themselves and let go of that tension that's restricting them.  When I practice, I block out the negative, become completely aware of my body and focus on my breath.  Every class is different, some days I can go into the fullest expression of a pose, and others I start from the first steps of the posture.


Yoga actually means "to unite" consisting of three principles - physical, mental and spiritual. For someone new to yoga or still finding themselves, majority of the time push farther into a posture only because they see others who more advanced and going deeper into the stretch. Get to know your limits, for going deeper into a stretch isn't always accessible to everyone depending on your body. A lot of times this will stress out the body and mind and cause over heating, which can lead to being lightheaded, nausea or even fainting . Yoga is a very mental state and the mind will always give out before the body. So be true to yourself, get to know your body, and let the breathe work its magic. Once you accomplish control of the breathe in postures, that is when one can soulfully connect to your inner power and fully embrace yourself, your practice and let it shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment