Saturday, February 16, 2013

Nature of Yoga

This past weekend, Brad and I went to Sandpoint, Idaho to ride at the Schwietzer Ski Resort. We had an awesome time, and definitely learned alot about riding, each other, and definitely (above money), how wisely one spends their time.  I've found the value in trying to utilize and enjoy the time that we have one another and our personal experiences. Fill your moments with the hobbies and simple pleasures that you love to do.  Most of all, share your days with someone you care about, and who cares for you.
We had a great time, especially on the "back bowl", there were tons of trees to carve, packed with powder. Brad brought his nice Canon camera on the trip and we got some great shots! And even had some time for yoga.........

This past weekend, I realized how much yoga imitates nature. Without even knowing, I bent back into ustrasana, and mimicked the tree that was curving over in front of me. So beautiful! In this moment I felt so in tune with myself and my surroundings. There is something so revealing, a buzzing connection when I practice in the mountains. I feel so small, so insignificant, yet so free and powerful!

I did take a yoga class after the first day, which was amazingly delicious after a long day of riding.
It felt great to get away for a weekend, and Brad's and my first getaway together.  On the way home though we were excited to get back to Nelson, and knowing the reason we live here is simply because we love this town.  I feel so greatful to live the Kootenays! The weather is slowly getting warmer, but not before some more spring snowboarding!
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment